Friday, March 02, 2012

Back stabbers

According to an internet article, most people (office workers, I suppose) have admitted they have been targets of back stabbing co-workers.  Reading the article reminded me of one particular vicious incident I was involved in.  I was a district supervisor in the pharmacy industry.  I had visited one of my stores in Louisa, KY and discovered my manager was not there even though he was scheduled.  Was was really strange about this incident was I had called from the parking lot before I went into the store and was tolod he had gone to the bank and would call me back as soon as he got back.  A few minutes later he called.

I was still on the phone with him when I walked into the store and he was no whereto be found. 

The next week I had to go to Pittsburgh to see my boss and while I was in my bosses office he received a call from my Louisa, KY store manager who had a complaint about me.  He informed my boss that I was engaged in a behavior for which I would definetly be terminated if it was indeed true I was guilty of.  Of course my boss knew he was lying as I could not be in Louisa, KY and Pittsburgh, PA at the same time andhe was my witness that I was in Pittsburgh. 

He had a good laugh at the foolishness of my manager and fully understood when I terminated him   as soon as I returned home.

No comments: