Saturday, March 03, 2012

stupid stuff on the web

Notice how much stupid stuff is on the web?  Kim K and clan pose for stupid pictures, Beiber and Beaver sue each other, basketball stasr eats cookie off his forehead are just a few of the time wasting stories on the web today. Some of the other stories are the same story that was shown yesterday and the day before that and the day before that.  Surely there is something interesting in the world besides this stuff. 

I went to a church last night and heard some good preaching and some good singning  and heard about 104 people getting saved in one service somewhere this week.  I like that.

A local sportscaster died and its in the news for a week.  It's a shame anyone has to die (except for some people like not so nice people, famous or not) but it is appointed for all to die.  If the fat opinionated sportscaster wanted to live he would have taken better care of himself.  It's great he loved being a grandpa and I believe all grandfathers should enjoy that part of their life. 

I don't need to read articles on five things women are better at then men.  I would love to read an articleabout how the unselfish act of a woman saved the life, or changed the life of another person for the betterment of at least one of them. 

One of the best stories one will ever read on the web is one wrtitten by Chris Chase in which actually praise him for.  Hasn't happened yet and probably never will but it would be big news. 

I met a man last night who was 87 but looked not a day over a young looking 65 year old who is recovering from prostate cancer surgery.  He said him and his wife were married in the little chapel of Brightwood Baptist in 1962.  I once met a woman in her nineties at the doctors office who was just waiting on her momma to finish her doctor visit. 

One of the preacher who sat in attendance at last night service has a daughter who lives in Arizona.  This week she went missing and her residence is now considered a crime scene. 

What I am trying to say is I care more about what is happening to you then I care about Justin vs. Jousting.  I draw more inspiration from a man who married 50 years ago then i do from the kardaisians taking stupid pictures (hey, the stupid thing is not my choice of words)  and I care much much more what Jesus Christ had to say than what Rich Brenner thought about anything. 

Maybe one day Chris Chase will actually write a tory someone really wants to read.  maybe one day I will too.        

No comments: