Sunday, April 08, 2012

Rude awakening

My neighbors were treated to fire engine noises and sirens tyhis Easter morning.  My former neighbor, Johnny had construted two work sheds from plywood and covered the outside with tar paper.  They were an eye sore especially after the plywood became weathered and the tar paper tore and was left to flap in the breezes. 

Yester one neighbor had started a cpuple of small fires in his back yard to burn grass and small pieces of wood he had picked up from his yard.  I can't say there is a connection between one neighbors debris burning and the other neighbors shed catching fire but there could be.  Then again, Johnny was there yesterday afternoon for whatever reason he feels drawn to visit the property thatwas foreclosed upon months ago.  In fact Wednesday it was put up for auction at the courthouse in Asheboro. 

Another possibility was one of the neighborhood kids could have started the blaze as they stop by now and then to peek inside but I seriously doubt that the kids had anything to do with the fire. 

The shed was a bad enough eyesore but now I am left with a burned out shed with debris scattereed around it whenever I look out my kitchen window or sit by my pond.  I was hoping the new owner would remove that shed.  Now, I suppose he will have no choice. 

No comments: