Monday, April 14, 2014

If Duke Power shows up

    Today is the day we have long waited for.  I've been mowing the grass at One Way Baptist Church now for several years and I hated mowing around the two trees and the telephone pole.  Don't get me wrong, I liked the trees.  The nut tree was my only bit of shade and I so looked forward to picking the first fruit from the plum tree.  Oh, it was well beyond mature enough to have fruit but it was neglected for too long.  It took several years to shape it up and this would have been the year for it to produce again.  Unfortunately it had to go to make room for our new building. 
     Today Duke Power or Duke energy, depending when one was born, is supposed to move our pole and run the wires underground.  Once the pole is moved  there will be room to put the new building.
    For those of you who are concerned about the trees, please don't be.  I know  many trees have been cut to make room for growth but other trees will be planted to take the place of the ones cut.  I had 4 trees on my property when I purchased my home and I had two of those cut.  I've planted over forty trees to take their place. 
  Yes we are on an expansion program at One Way Baptist and I know some of you may want to avoid the church because you are afraid that you may be asked to dig a little deeper in your pockets to help.  You may but we have decided that we want to involve the community in our growth because a community benefits from having a church around.  We had a chicken dinner bot long ago and we had a yard and bake sale last weekend.  Other projects are soon coming.  I'm getting ready to ploy for our pumpkin garden and hopefully this year will be the best one ever. 
   We want to be involved in the community.  We are growing both physically and spiritually.  We now have a youth pastor and a youth program and when our new building is in place we will have some Sunday School rooms.  If the Lord tarries one day One Way will not be a tiny church but a large dynamic one.  We have the dynamic part down. 
   

No comments: