Wednesday, September 10, 2014

5 signs it’s time to look for a new job

This is from an article on Yahoo

1.  Boredom
2.  Bad relationship with the boss
3.  Company struggling
4.  company giving you hints
5.  great Job Offer

  The longest I ever worked at one job was 5 years and the longest I ever stayed at one company was 10.  I did get bored easily.

    For the most part I've always had the respect of my bosses; even the ones that didn't like me personally, but there have been a time or two when I had to get before I was gotten rid of.  Once I was being used as a pawn in a disagreement between the manager and the assistant manager.  During one of their arguments my boss asked me how I felt and I told the truth.  It made him mad  and he knew that in order for him to gain control of the department either his assistant or I had to go and he figured it was easier to get rid of me.  When I met with upper management I was granted a transfer.

   I've worked for eleven  different companies over a fifty year period of time, six of which have been regional leaders or national chains.  Seven out of the eleven are no longer in business, two had closed all there operations in my area, and of the remaining  two, one was recently sold.  All  but  one seemed to be healthy and growing when I left.

   I did find myself in a bad situation once.  The company had just purchased another company and I was in charge of converting three of the  stores from the former owner to our way of doing business.  A woman from a company crew sent to help made a financial transaction that was against company policy and when I reported the incident my job was threatened because the woman happened to be the girlfriend of one of the directors.  He did his best to get rid of me but I kept my nose clean and was one of the best at my job.  He did however prevent me from getting promoted twice. 

    I've never had a company seek me how for a potential job but I've never had a problem securing employment when seeking a job.  Of course, it has always been my rule never to leave one place of employment before having another job lined up.  It's kind of hard to negotiate salary  when you don't have one and I'd rather explain why I want to work for a different company than to explain why I'm no longer working for anyone. 

     

     

 

No comments: