Thursday, September 04, 2014

Do Tell


  I was the subject in the Thursday, Sept 4, 2014 "Do Tell" forum in the Asheboro courier-Tribune.   It seems I hit a nerve with a reader of my column entitled "How to choose a church".  I doubt seriously if the writer of that comment reads my blog but if he does I just want to say "Thank You" for reading my column.  He said based on my column he would choose any church but mine. 
   I don't have a church.  If he meant he would attend any church but the one I attend then he his
 choosing a church for the wrong reason.  He called my column a judgmental rant and stayed I had an un-Christ-like attitude.  but he failed to point out what was the Christian viewpoint should have been or which statement I made was not biblical.  I would be happy to correct any beliefs I have that are in error. 
   In writing the column I am limited to 600 words so do not have the room to quote scripture for all my points, which are as follows:
   1.  God is in three persons, Father, Son, and Holy Ghost.  Granted there is no scripture that uses all three terms at once but the three terms are used interchangeably throughout the scriptures.  Jesus did state that He and the father were one and God said that Jesus was his son.  No where in the scriptures is any other term used for God other than Father, Son, or Holy Ghost. 
 2.  Jesus Christ is God.  John 3:16  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son,
    Matthew 3:17  and lo a voice from heaven saying This is my beloved Son. Isaiah   53
3.  The Holy Bible is God's word:  II Timothy 3:16  All scripture is given by inspiration of God
4  Salvation is by grace;  Ephesians 28  For by grace are ye saved  through faith and that not of yourselves; it is a gift of God.
5.  God created the earth and Adam and Eve.  Genesis 1
6  Jesus is the only means of salvation  john 14:6  Jesus saith unto him "I am the way, the truth, and the life.  No man cometh into the Father but by me. 
7.  The  miracles of the scriptures are real  II Timothy 3:16
8.  Israel is Gods chosen people Genesis 15:18, 17:6,7
9 Jesus was born of a virgin Isaiah 7:14 There for the Lord himself shall give you a sign;  Behold a virgin shall conceive and bear a son and shall call his name Immanuel, Matthew 1:23    Behold a virgin shall be with child
10.  Christ shall return, There will be a judgment for all, there are eternal rewards and eternal punishment Revelation Chapter 20, Revelation 2:10, James 1:2, Ii timothy 4:8, I Cor. 9:25, De. 32:22,
II Peter 2:4,
  These are not the only scriptures but these should suffice to establish my article as being not only biblical but Christ like  St John 1:1 stares :In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. 
  I firmly believe that there will be people from many different churches and many different denominations saved and enter into heaven.  The point of my article was not that you have to go to my church to be saved but when choosing a church to attend it is best to chose one that base their teachings on God's word.  That is neither judgmental nor a rant and to urge one to follow Christ is certainly not  un-Christ-like. 

No comments: