Thursday, October 16, 2014

12 year old commits suicide over cyber bullying

In todays news a twelve year old girl killed herself because of being bullied.  Not physically bullied.  No, that had stopped when she changed schools.  No, she was being bullied on the internet, in particular on Facebook.  I have a Facebook account.  I have friends on Facebook.  In order to be my friend I have to accept your invite.  You can't be my friend unless I want you to be.  Even then if you post something I don't like I can delete that post and if you persist I can unfriend you.  I don't have to belong to Facebook either.  In fact, I don't have to participate in social media at all. 
   You cannot bully me unless I allow you to bully me.  This young girl killed herself over something someone said that they didn't have to read.  How very sad. 

No comments: