Thursday, December 25, 2014

I wished my brothers a merry Christmas

My older brother had no idea where is mother is.  My younger brother actually called my nephews wife and asked her advice about what to do with Mom but never spoke to me about it   and I had been her care giver for the past sixteen years and her son.  Oh, he didn't wish me a merry Christmas either.
     I know mom has a point when she justifies the youngest for taking her home after he promised to care for her.  She says it isn't any fault of his because the bible says a man must leave his parents and cleave to his wife.  That may be true but it doesn't excuse a man from making poor decisions, reneging on promises, ignoring his brother, and acting like a first class jerk. 
   First of all he should not have left the care od his mother to his wife.  Secondly, he should have been aware of his wife's growing resentment of having to take care of his mother and taken steps to ease her burden.    Third, when it became obvious that things were no going to work out he should have been more forth coming with information about the arrangements to bring her home so a plan of action could have been put into place for her care.  Instead he just dumped her off at her house with no telephone, and no groceries and no one knowing exactly when he was bring her and hat he planned on doing or not doing. 
    He (or his wife, I don't know but the e-mail was issued in his name) it simple read 'Do you know Mom's telephone number?"
   Really?  No, how is Mom doing.  Did she receive comfort from her hurt feelings and broken heart?  Was anyone able to come by and bring her some food?  No hoping she didn't fall and hurt herself with no way to call paramedics for help.  Did   she have any money to pay for anything she might need before family and friends could arrive to care for her since her youngest spend all her money and had control of all her accounts?   
     I figured if Mom wanted to talk to him or her eldest she could call them.  But if she didn't it wasn't up to me to allow them to contact her.  it was their need of privacy they threw her out to begin with so I wasn't going to be party to them invading hers. 
    Mom told me not to be mad at him for what his wife did.  I told Mom I wasn't mad at him but I did have enough sense not to allow him to continue to play his hurtful games with us.  No, I actually wished both my brothers a merry Christmas. 

No comments: