Monday, August 03, 2015

I'm not from Texas

I'm not from Texas so I wish it would rain. Actually, that's not the entire truth. From 1967 to 1968 I went to school in Texas. I joined the service and after my discharge I lived in N>C> for a brief period of time before moving back to Texas. If I had not moved there my life would have been far different. But then, that's another story. The point of that comment is that after Texans have suffered through excessive rain this year I'm sure rain brings a little fear into their lives. All the rain meant for the western and eastern seaboards have fallen in Texas and left us high and dry. My water ponds are clouding up again from excessive algae and the water level has dropped. Even with the monster pump and UV sterilizer I have in my pond, sun shine causes algae to grow much faster than mechanical means can handle. I hate having to add spigot water to the pond. Not only is it expensive but the chemicals in the water are not really good for the fish. Oh what is a man to do? I suppose I'll have to add the water anyway and continue to hope for rain.

No comments: