Saturday, November 14, 2015

CPI Security: a rant

A few months ago my Mom, 90 years old and blind and deaf had her home broken into so it is important that she have the protection of a working security system.  In October Mom got sick and had to be hospitalized so the person that was paying for her cable and phone discontinued the services.  I cannot blame them .  The solution should have been simple enough: just have her system converted over to a wireless system so it would need neither cable nor a phone.  After a month of effort nothing has been accomplished except overpaying CPI.
   The semi-annual payment was due which my older brother had sent in the payment for but only my younger brother can authorized the new installation so he also sent in a payment along with the authorization to change the system.  Funny but they received the money but not the authorization.  He resent the authorization again but they can't find that either.  They didn't return his phone calls and only one of mine.  Things shouldn't be this complicated so I wrote to the President of CPI about the problem.  I have no qualms about cancelling CPI and having a different system installed but I shouldn't have to pay extra to do so and neither should Mom.   

1 comment:

dsprl2000 said...

I finally heard back from the President's office and suitable arrangements were made to change the system to a wireless system and it is now up and running. I changed the code and also the numbers on the key lock box to make sure the home is secure.