Monday, April 30, 2018

My Advise To Younger People

   "The Chickens always come home to roast" the old saying goes.  "You are what you eat", states another.
  What do these old saying have to do we advise to young people?  I'm glad you asked.

   I've got common health problems:  high blood pressure, diabetes, and a few others, mostly caused by improper eating.  When I was young I worked hard so didn't think much of exercising and I had bad eating habits.  Often I'd have a light breakfast if I had breakfast at all and fast food for lunch.  I had a nice supper followed by desert.   After I received a promotion and began to travel  my eating habits got worse.  Often I didn't have time for breakfast and it was almost always a burger for lunch.  But once I got home, usually late in the day, I seemed so hungry I just couldn't seem to stop eating.

    I told myself that I was still young and once I got older I would develop better eating habits.  I did get older and I have adopted better eating habits but much to late.  I thought I was fine:  just a little overweight but once I got into a situation where I had steady regular hours then I could eat properly.  I was shocked when we had a health clinic at work and I discovered I was in sad shape.
  My advise:  develop good habits now and avoid the health pitfalls later.  They will come and then it's almost always to late.

No comments: