Thursday, May 17, 2018

If it sounds to good to be true

  Last year a friend told us about the great health insurance plan they had through AARP called Medicare complete.  I called the company and they said there would be no premiums.  I gave them a list of my current medications   and they assured me there was zero cost if I filled them through there online pharmacy.
   This is a big decision because I was receiving care through the VA.  My prescriptions were only $8.00  a month but with all my prescriptions and supplies the total came to $64.00.  It's not much but I'm on a fixed income so if I could save $64.00 a month I would.  The biggest hurdle is that the VA will only fill prescriptions they write and only at the VA.  I would have to see a civilian doctor.  I didn't mind since the co-pay was zero and I could get more responsive care.  I made the change.
 
The first time I had my meds filled they were zero except for the insulin.  They said there was a $25.00 co-pay.  I would have still made the switch if they had told be that but I had asked them point blank and they said is would be zero.  All tier one drugs are zero cost.
 
   Now they want to charge me $578.00.  They claim my medication should never have been free and that I have reached my deductible.  None of that was explained when I took the insurance.  Since it costs nothings I will keep it but I'll not get prescriptions from the AARP Health Care plan anymore.

 

No comments: