Sunday, October 07, 2018

A Plea: Stay out of Restaurants Before 6pm If You Don't Have Kids

   This is one of the dumbest articles I have ever read.  I've been a parent and have taken my kid out to restaurants at various hours with nary a problem.  I also have been a foster parent and have taken care of three or four children of various ages and maturity levels and have never had a problem with my kids disturbing other patrons.
  Telling me I cannot eat before six so your brat and misbehave without judgement is just ludicrous. I'm old enough to decide when I want to eat and where.  If your peace and quiet is so important to you and you known your kid will bother others, get a babysitter.
  I'm a diabetic and I try to follow the rules about controlling the disease.  No, I didn't get this disease because I'm fat.  I got this disease because I was exposed to Agent Orange  during the Vietnam War.
Diabetics are supposed to eat at the same time everyday to help prevent blood sugar spikes.  I eat at 4 am, 11 am and 4 pm.  I don't have to explain to you why these are the times that I eat.  They just are and I don't care if my eating habits disturb you.  Apparently many others also eat at these times too (well, except maybe the 4 am one and while I'm having lunch I notice many people are having breakfast.  maybe that's because their bratty kid kept them up all night.
  I've got one other question for this complaining author:  why do you feel the need to consume alcohol before six, especially when you have a child in your care?  Can't you wait until you are in the safety of your own home before consuming a mind-altering substance?
  This article just affirms for me why you have a bratty kid.  maybe you should just order delivery.    

 

No comments: