Thursday, July 09, 2009

fixing health care

All I wanted from this broken health care system of ours is a requirement that if I lost my job (even if I quit) that I would be entitled to carry my existing health coverage at the same rate until I was employed again. I don't want to pay for the health care of people to lazy to work or to cheap to provide for their family memebers even if my paying came by hidden taxes. After all, I'm already paying to feed them, house them, and to fix the damage they cause when they wreck uninsured motor vehicles.

I certainly don't believe that the US government will be able to pay for it either and not make me pay for it as Obama said would be the case. Cigarettes already cost more than a dollar more a pack (which could be a good thing except that it is proof of a lie).

Obama's personal stimulus of $13.00 a week is a joke. One has to have a job to get it and 1 in 10 workers no longer have a job and the thirteen dollars a week for those who do go to pay tax increases from local, state and federal governments, and for increased cost of goods from struggling businesses.

What I find so really bizarre is any kind of tax increase during a recession. Too bad individuals can't do what government and busisnesses can do. Wouldn't it be nice to go to the grocery store and buy $150.00 and give the cashier %145.50 and said that because of increaed cost to live, you are forced to tax the store on your purchases or to tell your boss that you will be charging $18.50 an hour instead of the $17.25 you had been making because your ARM just increased.

We can't do that. All we can do is vote. Pay attention and vote wisely next election.

No comments: