Friday, July 24, 2009

He's surprised?

“I have to say I’m surprised by the controversy surrounding my statement, because I think it was a pretty straightforward commentary that you probably don’t need to handcuff a guy — a middle-aged man who uses a cane who was in his own home,” Obama said in an ABC News interview Thursday night


And exactly how tall does one have to be to walk back into his house and get a gun and shoot someone? Police handcuff all suspects, male, female, white, black, old, young, and all other discriptions as a matter of policy. They even handcuff prisoners while they process the paperwork when the prisoner is being released.

So now, is Obama going to detate police procedures and make it improper to handcuff old people using a cane or just black college professor's? What if the professor had only been a part time teacher at Randolph cimmunity College? Would it have been proper to handcuff him then?

Maybe we just put healtj insurance reform legislation on hold while Obama works out all the details of who can and cannot be handcuffed. Maybe it would be better if all future burlary in process calls be ignored if the suspect is determined to be a black male.

Personally I have encountered some black males who were too ready to accused me of being racists. One example occured when I worked at a convenience store. It was a slow day, a rare and welcomed event. A black male pulled up to pump number 5, inserted his credit card and proceeded to pump his gas. About a minute later a car pulled up to pump number nine (the pump most people choose if they are going to drive off without paying) A young woman (hot, may I add without being accused of being sexist)dressed only in a tiny bikini, started pumping gas without either using a credit or debit card or without prepaying.

Now who exactly do you think I was looking at (being a red blooded straight American male). Guess what happened? No, I didn't get a date with the girl but the man came into the store and accused me of watching him and of being a racist.

Another time while working at my regular job I was talking with a customer when a black male came up to the customer and accused him of being a racist and very upset because "you keep watching me without cause." I explainned to the man thast no one was watching him. The person I was talking to had no reason to watch him as he was just a customer.

I could cite example after example but I believe you have the proper picture. I'm not saying racist doesn't occur. I know it does. On my former blog I always posted stories of people, manly black men, who were released from prison after being wrongly accused and convicted of crimes.

I've heard the professors version and I've heard the officer's version and having watched hours and hours of cop shows, I would tend to believe the cop. I have seen instances of cops bullying suspects. A perfect example is on one episode, the sheriif's department in Davidson County was featured. There wasn't enough real crime so a prostitution sting was set up. The local cops grabbed a fat man and drug the dazed and confused man to the pavement and handcuffed him. I honestly believe they (the cops) were trying to act tough for the cameras. I also believe that if they has asked the man to step out of his vehicle, he would have done so. In most situations, the cops just issued the john a citation. There was no need for brute force just like there is no need for Obama to be running off at the mouth.

No comments: