Saturday, July 18, 2009

Increasing taxes, fees, etc is cerainly fair

I am just a poor working man doing the best I can to psy my bills, obey the laws, keep my home and yard clean, neat, and presentable, and maybe put s little aside for emergency and old age. Life is tough and it's hard to save. I could do okay if others would just be responsible too.

Would not it be nice if we had the same control over our financies that the government has over thiers and some businesses have? Next time I pay a bill, I'd like to be able to only pay 97.5% of it since my employer is working me 39 hours per week instead of 40. Wouldn;t it have been nie to have charged your boss a fuel surcharge to come to work when gas prices shot up to over $4.00 per gallon?

Airlines are charging fees for things that once were free, government is placing taxes on things that once were tax free, and companies are reducing work hours and/or benefits that once were taken for granted.

Government officials, needing money for pet projects, take money from social security and leave an IOU. If a company set up a retirement benefit fund for its employees and then raided that account for special projects it would be considered illegal.

Maybe it is time we change the way our government operates and give it a stedy job with a steady income like most people have. If the government has a predetermined income every year then it would be forced to live within that budget, just like you and I do. There has to be a way to stop the madness that is the US government.

No comments: