Saturday, October 03, 2009

Insults and injury

A customer returned some pork chops tonight and claimed they were bad. Of course the customer received a no questions asked refund. The problem is the pork chops were warm, indicating they had been off refrigaration for an extended period of time.

I feel somewhat insulted when a customer returns an and claims we sold them bad product and the perishable item is warm to the touch. i'm not so stupid that i can't realize the customer has had the item off refrigaration for too long a period of time. I also an offended that my professionalism is questioned.

I value each of my customers business and if the customer tells me the truth: I left this in my car and it went bad, or I left it on the counter top and forgot about it, the customer will still get their refund. Why blame me for something that isn't my fault?

No comments: