Saturday, November 28, 2009

Death in the family

Usually the death of a relative brings sadness to a family but it was my evil aunt that passed away. She was so mean that she was kicked out of three nursing homes in less than a year and the fourth was pressuring the family to remove her from their facility.

She once tried to force me into servitude to her by emontional backmail and financial control and attempted to destroy any and all relationships I had with others.

I'll leave any specifics to a later time. I will say that my mother is more of a saint than my aunt thought ever thought about being and she believed she was one. Mom forgave her for what she did and she hurt Mom beyond what one sister should ever do to another.

I don't hate my aunt and never have. I dont know how I feel. At least she was smart enough not to have a funeral but to donate her body to science. I'm not sure even her kids would have come to her funeral except maybe just to make sure she was really gone. That's the saddest part.

2 comments:

Dr Mary Johnson said...

Yikes. Tell us what you really think;)

Peace comes to those who fight wisely and wait for it.

dsprl2000 said...

Everyone thinks they have an aunt with a cantankerous nature, and they may well have, but my aunt went well beyond that.

I once stayed with my uncle (my aunts sisters husband when he was in his ninties and dying of cancer. My aunt knew all the neighbors and had them watch the house and if I left after getting home from work, they were instructed to call the police and have me arrested. For what I never figured out but she had enough influence something would have been contrived.

She habitually violated my privacy by going through my stuff, reviewing my phone calls and calling my friends with wild stories. I had a trace put on certain harassing calls and discovered she was the one making those calls.

And that is just a partcial list of the not so bad stuff.