Sunday, November 22, 2009

My wife drives me crazy sometimes

My wife and I ordered a special item which ships in two boxes. Our order arrived yesterday but one box had the correct name, the other did not. Mu contention is that since we received everything we were supposed to receive and nothing more, nothing less then there is no harm, no foul and we should just forget about it.

She says she is going to take the errant package back in an attempt to retrieve the one with her name on it. "What if the other order had three or four boxes with it?"

For the life of me, I can't understand what difference how mnay packages the other person's order was supposed to have because they may have ordered several items while we only ordered one. If we received what we were supposed too and they received what they were supposed too, why complicate things and run the risk of the shipper screwing things up the second time.

If she takes the mis shipped package back and the other lady doesn't, then she ends up with extra parts and we end up with half a system.

I say it is better to leave things alone but she just can't see my point of view--at least not until we get screwed and what should have been a good thing will always remind us of how we just don't see eye to eye on some things.

One of her boys just never seems to be able to get things together. He once told her if he had just $800.00 he could get his life straight. I said she could loan him the money and she did and said he agreed to repay her $100.00 a month. I said that was unacceptable. "Maybe fifty a month at most." No, he assured her he could swing the $100.00 a month with no problem.

I told my wife that was the boys problem. "He is unrealistic about money, and life, and doesn't think things through. I'd rather him aggree to pay $20.00 a month than to pay $100.00."

Still, he insisted he could repay $100.00 a month.

It's been almost two years and we haven't received the first penny yet.

Now she wants to go to Iowa to visit him and her other son. Last time she went (before we were married) she ended up doing their laundry and baby sitting their kids and taking them out. She wants to either use our tax refund, cash in some of her retirement, or borrow money on her credit card for the trip and says that I can use my bonus check for some medical expenses.

My position is that if she wants to go, she needs to save for the trip, budgeting so much per week until she has the money. Everthing extra I buy comes from my weekly allowance and my bonus checks. I don't borrow or spend future income on todays wants.

Other than that, I've married a gem.

No comments: