Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Bathfitters

Garden tubs look nice, especially6 on TV where one can view a beautiful woman taking a bubble bath in one with candles lining the tub and with a glass of champagne in her hand. The trouble is, almost half the time, that lady becomes a murder victim either while in the tub or shortly after she gets out.

I have one. I have never used it. Soon, I'll have the largest shower in Randolph County, maybe the country, in a private home. It will be the largest one installed by bath fitters, or at least they say it will be. They want a picture once it is installed.

It is surprisingly affordable, considering. If you ever get anything from them give them my name. I could use the $50.00 referral fee.

In a way I feel guilty. It seems that several of my neighbors have had to forsake their house because they could no longer afford to make the payments. One neighbor keeps their food in a cooler on the back porch until they collect some insurance. It's a shame they can't afford to go ahead and purchase a new refrigerator. One neighbor has to use an old push mower because he can't afford to get his riding mower fixed or replaced and another neighbor cut is grass with a weed eater. Times are tough.

In the last month I purcahsed a new mower, a new grill, and large out building which I just had wired for electricity and now I'm having my bathroom remodeled.
I feel fortunate to not only having a job but to be able to buy stuff as well and not go into debt doing so, especially after Debbies knee replacement surgery and both our expensive dental work.

Six years ago I lived in a one bedroom apartment with a park bench as a couch and two folding TV tray stands pused together as a dinning room table. My bed was a fold away and my dresser was the laundry basket.

I had seeing people struggle but I've been there, done that.

No comments: