Friday, April 01, 2011

All Fools Day

Several years ago there was a meat cutter who was happy and satisfied doing exactly what he was doing and absolutely did not want to be transferred or promoted so I decided to pull a prank on him for 4-1.

I downloaded a copy of the company emblem and matched the companies type face and designed an official looking letter informing the meat cutter that he had been promoted and was being sent to Raleigh for training. I had the letter delivery by the store manager and the department head.

The meat cutter was absolutely livid. He took his uniform off, threw it on the floor and was stomping around like a scared chicken, muttering something about "I'll quit before I'll be promoted or transferred." Finally, after several minutes of his tantrum he started to calm so I handed him a card and said "congratulations". he said "I don't want your card."

I said "You will want this one."

Reluctantly he took the card from me and opened it.

"April Fool" it read.

No comments: