Thursday, April 28, 2011

Uncertainty

A teenager got off his school bus and cut through my yard as a short cut home. I stopped him and told him to walk around and not use my yard as a short cut.

The reason I did this is because I have many small plants and some wire strung between two poles for my Moon Flowers to climb on and it really isn't safe for someone unfamiliar with my yard to be walking through it. I just don't feel up to defending myself in court if a kid gets hurt while trespassing on my property.

My wife fears retaliation by ungrateful kids but I would have rather discussed the situation with him so he would understand my point of view.

How should I have handled the situation? I really don't want to see anyone get hurt and I don't want my property damaged or vandalised and I certainly don't want to get sued if someone did get injured. At the same time I would like to be on good terms with all my neighbors.

No comments: