Monday, August 29, 2011

Betrayed

I feel as though I have been kicked in the stomach and stabbed in the back. Many years ago I trusted someone with my deepest feeling and later found them using this information to do me harm. Well today I discovered it has happened again but this time my entire church is in jeopardy because of anothers betrayal.

A member of the church, a shut-in, has been the recipient of visits from my wife and my self since October of last year and my wife and this person have talked on the phone on numerous occasions. The shut-in was a member of the church when it was pastored by another preacher but is now unable to attend because of a severe medical condition.

I videotape the worship services and deliver them to the shut-in so they can share in the services and get to know us. I always left their home feeling uplifted.

I was not aware that this person was one of the trustees of the church. The other two are the former pastor and his wife, which doesn't seem to me to be quite right that non-members have control of financial decisions of the church.

A construction company is seeking to buy the property the church sits on so contacted this member about purchasing the property and they contacted the former pastor and his wife to see if they could come to an agreement about selling the land.

They used as justification the possibility of us moving into a larger building and perhaps selling this building to help defray the costs of the new place.

I suppose they think it more Godly that they sell the place out from under the church and pocket the money for their own welfare.

It took me a long time to trust people after the last betrayal and now it has happened again.

I did not inform this person of the churches plans or enlighten them in any way that selling the present property was in any way a possibility. Other members of the church are also friends with them. I did ask questions about the building and a church sign that turned out to be for a church that once occupied the building in question but moved on many years prior. I'm sure from my conversation and from input from others that the shut-in was able to deduce likely scenarios but instead of discussing things with the preacher or the deacon they have conspired to do the church wrong.

How disgusting.

No comments: