Monday, August 08, 2011

Flash Mob

Living in a small town and only receiving a small paper that covers local news almost exclusively except for sports, one doesn't learn about a lot of phenomenon as quickly as people in other areas, especially people who work in office type jobs. I'm retired so my contact with people is limited except at Church. Until this week I had not been aware of flash mobs and did not realize they could have been a local problem in Greensboro until this morning.

A flash mob, for those of you who like me have never heard of them, is a group of people linked together by cell phone who gathers quickly at the receiving of a text message. Even after watching a commercial of a man suddenly ripping his jacket off and doing this crazy dance in the train station (or where ever he was) it never dawned on methat people really did this via text message.

I don't text. I have a hard enough time typing on a regular keyboard. I don't use shortcuts on typing words either like many texters do. Does it make a difference?

Well, I first noticed the phenonenon in the comment section of articles but lately the reporters filling the stories are also getting worse at writing, often leaving words completely out of articles. It's geeting so that one isn't often clear exactly what another is trying to communicate.

To tell the truth it's not my world out there any more. People today don't have a belief in a God like they once did let alone a belief in God and a trust in a saviour.

No comments: