Saturday, February 18, 2012

The cat in the box

A feral cat has roamed my neighborhood for a couple of months which was of no concern to me except that there is always the possibility of disease that comes with wild animals.  The last several weeks this cat, solid white but very small, has taken to hanging out near my bird feeders looking for a meal. 

I go to great expense to feed the birds and provide them a place to live and have a family and I prefer that the birds do it in relative safety.  I also wish no harm come to the young cat so occasionally I'll toss some food out for it, but always far away from the bird feeders and bird houses.  Still, a choice had to me made about the cat and in the interest of children out playing and considering the disease possibilities, I decided that it was time for the cat to go. 

I received a box, or cage if you will, from animal control, placed some cat food in it and when I came home from the special service at church today, I had a cat in a box. 

It would have been preferable that the cat was domesticated for if it had been I might have given it a home myself. 

No comments: