Monday, December 24, 2012

I am not who I used to be.

If I wasn't southern I might have said I am not who I once was but choice of words has as much to do with being southern as the accent does, maybe more.  But I am not talking about where I am from but about who I am. 

I believe some people stay the same all of their lives while most people do not stray from from center.  But others are nothing like who they once were and I do believe I am one of those people. 

Of course there are many things I once liked that I still do;  white cake, my Mom's special pie, baseball, and food.  I realize that the mere fact of growing older changes people.  One would not want to act the same at twenty five as one did at fifteen or five.  Still the core of the person remains close to center their entire lives.  But I believe the last ten years has saw a transformation in me much greater than that brought on my the mere fact that I have aged. 

I react to people totally different, have different values, and I have different desires.  I do believe that I am a much better person than the person I once was.  Good for me.  And perhaps much more important, it's good for you. 

No comments: