Saturday, March 23, 2013

Ah Spring.. what tha....?

Today is the nicest day we have had in a long time.  It didn't rain as originally forcast and it turned out to be a warm and sunny day with a light breeze now and then and not the high winds we have been getting.  I tilled by two garden spots and my wildflower garden spot and made me two more flower garden spots before lunch.  After lunch I rested awhile and then started preparations for my Sunday School lesson tomorrow and then had supper. 

Afterwards I went outside to gather up the rocks that grew in the garden over the winter and to hunt down some dandelions.  I was enjoying the warmth and pleasantness of being outside.  I would have like to added the peace and quiet but alas that wasn't the case.  Someone just had to crank up their music thinking everyone had the same tastes as they did and deserved to hear it.  Truthfully, I doubt that they even remotely concidered anyone else when they turned the volume up so high that it vibrates throughout the neighborhood.  I would just like to enjoy one pretty dau outside. especially a nice cool evening sitting by the pond and feeling the warmth of the night and the cool refreshing breeze while basking in the quietness of mother nature. 

But in four years it hasn't happened yet and I doubt it will this year either.  Last year was the worst with the Mexican poka being played over and over, night after night, week after week, month after month.  The first year it was rap music being blasted from the people across the street, the second year it was music from the Methodist church up the street celebrating while the members enjoyed their picnics and cookouts.  Then the next year it was another neighbor blasting away with their heavy metal applfied quitars, even from their rooftop.

Why can't people just be good neighbors?     

No comments: