Monday, March 04, 2013

To what country do we owe allegiance?

A high school student was removed from her class for failure to pledge allegiance to the flag.  I'm sure that will get the blood boiling of many loyal Americans.  In somecals, I've heard, it is against policy to pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States and that makes other americans angry. 
But as an American how would you feel if you sent your child to school and they were removed from class for refusing to pledge allegiance to the flag?  Not the American flag but the Mexican flag. 

No way that would every happen in America.  No American High School would ever require America citizens to pledge allegiance to another country.  Well, I wish I could say that was true but it isn't. 

"A Texas high school student who says she was removed from her Spanish class for refusing to recite the Mexican pledge of allegiance is suing the school district."

At least she is suing.  Personally I'm proud of her. 

No comments: