Thursday, February 25, 2016

Back in town

    I made my weekly trek to Hickory.  Tuesday was more of a visitation day with Mom although I did do some remodeling to the new out building.  The building came with shelves  along each side from front to back but with a full run of shelves there wasn't a place to hang rakes, and shovels and other long tools so I took out half of the shelves on one side and hung those shelves above the other shelf on that side giving me a place to stack cans and bottles and also allowing me to hang the long tools.
   I also put a tamper proof hasp  on the door .  I was going to secure the hasp with carriage bolts but the ones I purchased were to short.  I also bought a can of window glaze to frost the windows so one cannot see into the shed but can see out. 
    Mom was feeling somewhat better after a bought with some kind of virus that severely effective ones digestive system.  I took her laundry home to do while she enjoyed lunch and we had a nice visit in the evening.  I decided to spend the night in Hickory because I needed to do some studying and with the impending bad weather I thought it to be much safer to stay as I had to be in Hickory for the inspector. 
   After breakfast Wednesday morning I refinished the bathtub (2nd coat) leveled the stove and dryer, washed all the dirty dishes, vacuumed, and cleaned the rug in the den.  After lunch I went to visit Mom for an hour or two.  I left there at two and headed to the house to pack up, load the car and head for Hickory.  I needed time to prepare for Wednesday night so the inspection would just have to wait for another day. 
   I got my car loaded up and then I noticed two cans of paint I had forgot to take to the out building so I did that and as I turned to walk to the car to leave I saw a man standing in  my yard.  It was the inspector.  If he was 30 later or if I had not put away the paint cans we would have missed each other.  I was glad to get the inspection over with. 
   Winds were rough and blew a big pine tree in Mom's neighbors yard across the street not only blocking the toad but taking down the power lines. 
  The trip home was safe and uneventful.

No comments: