Saturday, February 06, 2016

close call

I went to Hickory Tuesday with the need to spend $1901.42 to get the account down to the $2000.00 max but I only had one job left scheduled.  An electrician was supposed to move the stove plug 4 feet, a relatively simple job.     I know back in December I had the fuse box converted to a breaker box but the electrician doing that was not licensed and he told me that the box would not pass an inspection but he did wire everything back just like it was.  I never really thought any more about it until this job.  The electrician did mention it and would not move the stove plug if the whole job would not pass a building code inspection so I told him to go ahead. 
 So instead of a simple hour and a half job the electrician was there from 9 until 7.  He did rewire the outlets in the kitchen making sure one outlet was a GFI plug.  The bill came to $1900.00 so all that was left for me to do was go buy Mom the bag of Cuties she wanted  and I was done.  Just have to pull the bank statements and Mom can get her Medicaid.

No comments: