Saturday, November 04, 2017

Are more guns helpful? In Wal-Mart shooting, armed shoppers hinder police investigation

First of all let me make it clear that I do believe in gun ownership, right to carry laws, and most thing that the NRA advocates for.  I do not myself own a gun nor do I want to own a gun.  I feel that gun ownership serves to endanger my life rather than serves to protect it.  I do not hunt.  I see no reason to own a gun.  I fully understand that you can make a case for me as to why I should own a gun and I can make an equally valid case why I do not need one.  We'll just call it a wash and leave gun ownership up to each individual.
  I am not an idiot for not owning one nor are you an idiot for owning a gun.
  In this story I do understand why it took the police longer to identify and arrest the suspect and I do agree that those that had guns should have left them holstered until the situation presented itself that they were threatened.  But to pull ones gun hoping to get a shot at the shooter is inviting trouble.  You may have the shooter and three good citizens with guns.     Good citizen A spots the shooter, takes aim and fires.  Good citizen B sees citizen A fire his weapon and assumes citizen A is the shooter so he shoots.
The police see citizen B fire his weapon and assumes that he is either the shooter or an accomplice.  When all is said and done it could be a bloody mess.  A gun does not make one a super hero.  

No comments: