Sunday, March 07, 2010

Bear eats fingers




A lady fed a bear and it ate her fingers. I don't have any bears to feed but I do have some fish. I fed them today which is the first time they have eaten in over three months. I worked in the yard digging holes in anticipation of next month when I can start planting my seedlings. I did plant some bulbs (only half-I'll plant the other half next month so the flowers won;t all bloom at once) and dug the holes for the rest of them. I also dug twenty-five holes where the hibiscus plants will go olus another five holes for the apple trees.

I cleared the grass from the fence where I will plant my Moon flowers and morning glories. All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy so I put some steaks on the grill to go with the salad and potatoe we had for lunch.

After all the work was done, I uncovered my ponds and noticed the bigger fish were active so I gave them a few pellets. At first the fish were preoccupied in exploring the disappearance of their winter hiding place and discovering they could swim around the entire pond now. Then they realized they were hungry so they nibbled at the food. After they consumed the few pellets, I gave them some more and they were more eager that time to eat.

I took some pictures and finally got one in which all five fish can be seen. Shark, the black and orange one, is in the lower right hand side and is only prtly visible. Spot is the white and tan one with the round black spots. Showa is the tri-colored Koi, and Old Yeller is the orange one. Sasha is also a tri-colored fish but isn't a Koi. She is a smaller fish, chunkier with colors that aren't as pure and organized as the Koi has.

The comets were still too shy to eat today although two of them did venture out. It will be warm enough soon.

Tomorrow I'll clean the ponds.

No comments: