Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Good Day

I enjoyed my day off even if it did begin with a 7:30 am dentist appointment. My wife and I went out for lunch together. It is good having her able to get out some now. She still has a long way to go but she is making good progress.

I worked on my water ponds some, cleaning the filters and installing my new pump. It works great but I haven't gotten my fountain pump installed the way I want it yet. Maybe Monday on my next day off.

My doctor's office called with my blood work results. Total cholesterol of 118 and triglycerides of 96. When I started seeing my doctor I weighed 45 pounds more than I do now, I smoked, my cholesterol was almost 400 and my directorates were well over 600
Lots of hard work went into achieving these good results but I still have problems. I'm still considered obese, my blood pressure still runs high sometimes and I am still considered a diabetic even though I take no medicines for that condition.

Now that the weather is warming, maybe I can get out and walk some now. Working out on the Wii has been helpful but I still believe the real thing is better.

I'm still debating on whether it is safe yet to plant my tender young saplings. Any one with ideas?

No comments: