Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Feds to probe cause of runaway Prius in California

I think when all is said and done, this incident will prove to have been staged. I believe the man just wants to make money from Toyota, a little fame and fortune so to speak.

Sure his brakes were worn almost to nothing from the attempt to stop the car but what would one expect if the accelarator was pressed to the floor. Why didn't the man cut the engine off when instructed to by the 9-1-1 operator? Not enugh media attention had not been generated by that time. It wasn't until the CHP got involved did the man even attempt the recommended method of stopping a run a way car. If it has no power, it has to stop.

The only excuse for not being able to stop a car with a stuck accelarator is if the engine won't cut off. Even if the brakes fail, without power the car is going to eventually stop.

I'm not implying other incidences are not real and I know people panic and do stupid stuff in a paniced mode but I just don't buy in to this incident.

Sounds like another "baloon boy" incident to me. Check out the driver's history.

No comments: