Thursday, October 14, 2010

Fast food order takers

Yes, a pet peeve of mine is fast food wait staff who can't take an order. I understand they deal with the public and the public can be stupid asses, and quite often are but sometimes the waitress just needs to shut up and listen.

Like I'll go into a Burger King and say "For here. A number two, small, no cheese, and onion rings" and the clerk will say "Is this order to go?"

Bojangles is the worst because they have to yell into a microphone what you ordered. I went into one and the young man asked me for my order. "I said this is for here" and he immediately yelled into his mic "dine in" I tried giving him my order but everytime I said something he yelled it into the mic and then I would have to repeat the next thing I said. Of course, the restaraunt screwed up my order.

It seems Wendy's has some new salds which are really good. I've only tried two of them but only because the apple/cranberry one is so goodI can't pass it up. The problem is Wendy's has catered to people with smaller appitites or who want a sald plus something else. They have a half salad and a half-salad plus on there menu. I don't have a problem with choosing between a salad and a half salad. I do have a problem with the wait staff knowing the difference.

I'll order a salad and the clerk will ask "Do you want the big salad or the half-salad?" There isn't a "Big salad" on the menu board; just a salad and a half salad. 'I repeat that I want the salad and the staff starts to explain that they have a half salad and a half salad plus and a big salad and then asks me again which one I want.

I repeat I want the salad.

There is no "big" salad on the menu and if I wanted the half salad or the half salad plus I would have ordered one.

I contacted Wendy's one this one and suggested that if a customer order a salad they should be sold the salad rather than a half salad or Wedny's should change the name from salad to big salad or full salad or the one that isn't the half salad so the wait staff knows that the customer doesn't want just half a salad.

Ordering should not be this difficult and argumentitive.

No comments: