Friday, October 01, 2010

+Rain, Tracfones, and medicine

I cleaned my koi pond last month, redigging one end of it to make it deeper and redoing one side to make the pond more level. All I had to do was wait for it to rain to refill the pond. And wait. And wait. And wait some more. Finally, it rained, my pond is full, and the fish are happy.

The reason for waiting for rainwater to fill the pond is twofold. First, city water is expensive and secondly, city water has clorine and other chemicals in it that isn't good for the fish.

I seldom use a cell phone. If I have a PHOBIA, it would be a telephone. Somehow, I don't seem to mind one so much if one calls me but if I have to initiate the call, I put it off as long as possible and many times opt to solve problems the old fashion way: via letter or by e-amil. Because of my lack of desire, and my dread of using a phone, I just don't want to spend much money on an object I will use so infrequently.

Still, cell phones have their useses and after a few situations where having a phone handy really proved an advantage, I'd rather not be without one. Tracfone advertises itself as the cheapest way to own a cell phone in America so I finally got one, as did my wife. She had no problem with hers and in fact is happy with it. Me, one the other hand, felt like taking my phone, driving to Miami, and shoving it up ...well, you get the idea.

Well, after countless hours on the phone and on the internet trying to resolve a, it their words, was a simple problem, it is supposedly fixed. I can actually use the phone to make and receive phone calls.

Thankfully my wife handled most of the phone calls (well, actually, all of the ohone calls) trying to straighten this mess out. Personally, I was going to mail the phone to the CEO and tell hime to fix the simple problem. I already had the letter written and would have mailed the phone back today. I still will if it doesn't work.

I saw my doctor yesterday and she gave me two more prescriptions, One is for my arm and I can only take it over the weekend. it is a tiny little offwhite pill but it is a real killer. Litterally. The instructions advise taking the medicine in the smallest dosage and for the shorest duration possible.

Some pill.

No comments: