Thursday, October 07, 2010

Must be one sorry community

"Alejo-Jones told the council the club is her only source of income, that she is trying to get her license reinstated and hopes to open a restaurant on the site. Others spoke on her behalf, telling the council that the presence of the club was a benefit to the surrounding neighborhood."

147 times the police were called to this nightclubin three years. mostly because of fights and shootings. If a place like this is a benefit to the community, then it must be one sorry community. I once lived across the street from a night club and not only had to put upwith loud music and litter from bar patrons, but I had druks urinate in my front yard, damage to my property (intentional) and people blocking my driveway. I couldn't get anything done about the club because if I lost my court case, I would have had to pay thier attorney fees plus pay upto a $10,000.00 fine for filing a false complaint. That nightclub, nusiance that it was, didn't seem nearly as bad as the one closed by loss of liquor lisence and the owner claims it was good for the community.

That's like an opium house owner in China claiming the house is good for the community. i'd believe that before i'd buy into any arguments from a owner of a business that still with getting their customers drunk.

No comments: