Friday, January 18, 2013

Wells-Fargo. What does it mean?

Well is being or feeling good, but it is also a deep dark hole.  Fargo in a town in North Dakota as well as the last name of the man who started Well-Fargo Bank and a fairly popular last name in the USA but not common or popular as a first name. 

From my resent experience with Well-Fargo, the bank, I would think the proper definition would be an unpopular deep dark hole. 

There are two reasons I say this.  I personally do not have an account with Wells-Fargo the bank but my mom does.  I backtrack a moment on that last statement.  I had some remodeling done at the house which was financed through Wachovia which, as you should know, is now Wells-Fargo.  That bill has been being paid on-line but now Wells-Fargo says that we must open an account with them in order to pay the account on-line. 

We have never received a bill. 

The account is a revolving account and we have a credit card to use except the number we were given to activate it is not a valid number. 

We can't pay the bill at the bank either and we have no address to which we are supposed to send the payments.

Now for the other reason.  My mom has banked at the same location for years although it has undergone many name changes.  It was 1st National, then Northwestern, then First Union, then Wachovia, and now Wells-Fargo.  Mom needed new checks but did not have a check reorder form. 
As I have been doing her banking for her for over ten years now I saw no problem in me running down to the bank and asking them to order some checks for her. 

To my surprise they said no.  They claimed that no one knew who I was.  Strange because the people in the bank at the same people who I have delt with for years but suddenly they don't recognize me. 
Mom is 87, deaf, and legally blind, and doesn't get around all that well but I had to take her down to the bank in order for them to order checks for her. 

So for me when I think of Wells-Fargo and customer service I think of an unpopular deep dark hole. 

No comments: