Wednesday, February 27, 2013

A dear old saint passed today

Mrs. Dora Tickle, 93, of Old Randleman Road, Greensboro, passed today at Moses Cone Hospital.  I was hoping to see her one more time but I never had the chance.  The last time I saw her was in October.  My wife and Mrs. Tickle were both hospitilized it October at Moses Cone and both on the third floor.  My wife was on one end of the hospital and Mrs. Tickle was on the other. 

I did go by her house several times to see her but she wasn't able to receive company.  The pastor and I went by to see her Saturday but again she wasn't feeling well enough to have company.  At least the preacher saw her Sunday evening when she was taken to Moses Cone.  She had become frail but her spirit was always bright and unlifting. 

I will always miss Mrs. Tickle and count it one of the best blessings of my life to have known her. 

No comments: