Sunday, May 26, 2013

Update to easily offended

Sunday as come and gone and the mother and son did not attend church today but they did make a trip to a members house.  On the Tuesday that I supposedly offended the son we had mowed the yard of an elderly member of the church.  I have no idea what he could possible say that would strengthen their position to do me harm no can I understand why they are so angry.  Even if I said something out of line .. No, if I said something out of line I would apologize.  I didn't but I apologized anyway.

When the mans grandmother was alive I made DVD's of the church services for her and I served as her pall bearer in March of this year after she passed away.  Neither the ladies daughter or grandson have ever darkened the doors of the church prior to the funeral. 

I know I really should not be writing about this incident but it is so upsetting because I tried to be kind to the women even though she is mentally unstable and I believe her church attendance was a misguided attempt to have the love the church had for her mother to be transferred to her.  After one service she became a little upset when she asked if I had captured her testimony with my camera and I said no, I only record the preaching.  She never testified after that. 

I explained to her and her son the proper, biblical way to handle a complaint but they refuse to talk with me or the pastor.  I have given them two apologies and if they are not willing to accept that then I have to assume that their actions in contacting another church member is an act intended to bolster their efforts to find some way to do me harm.   It is just so frustrating to live a good life and to try to encourage someone and steer them in the right direction and then to have them turn and then trey to do me harm. 

It is therapeutic to write about the incident although I can't make sense of it.  I've been down the last several days because of this   I know I shouldn't be but I really cared about the man and was hoping to groom him for a position of church leadership one day.  I/m always aware that people will disappoint but I never thought that they would have turned so quickly.  I suppose all that is left to do is to continue to pray and ask for God's guidance. 

No comments: