Wednesday, May 22, 2013

weight loss myths

I was just looking at an article that promises you will lose 8 pounds in two weeks by substituting one food for another, like switching up egg and cheese with veggies on an omelet or eating a bagel instead of an English muffin.  I eat two eggs and 1/2 cup of cheerios or plain oatmeal for breakfast now.  I once ate just the cup of Cheerios but wanted to change from high fiber to high protein diet.  I drink nothing but coffee and water; lots and lots of water.  For supper I have a bowl of light chicken noodle soup (160 calories) and an apple.  I guess lunch is my downfall as I actually eat a meal but I try to keep it light and healthy. 

So far I have lost nothing.  Before I retired I had lost fifty pounds eating more than I do now.  It's not the work as I work harder and am more physical that when I was employed and it isn't the exercise as I walked five miles every morning in an hour and ten minutes.  It's like I say "I'm going to lose weight" and my body says "no, you're not".  So far my stubborn boding is winning the weight loss wars. 

I'm sure many of the tips and tricks you read will work for most people but we aren't all the same and what works for you may not work for me.  What once worked for me no longer does so I know that to be true.  If I knew the secret that would work for everyone then I certainly wouldn't be giving that secret away for free.    Well, I probably would.  I guess that's why I'm not rich as I don't believe in making money from the misery of others. 

No comments: