Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Restaurant refuses Iraq War Veteran and service dog

Oxford, Mass.  A man with a service dog is refused service.  The man is suffering from PTS and needs the dog to calm him in stressful situations wasn't allowed to bring the dog into the restaurant.  I guess because you can't see the affliction it isn't real. 
        Still, I don't like seeing animals in places I'm trying to eat at or from like a grocery store and especially restaurants.    There is a reason the health department bans this practice for the rest of us but the law is the law.  Of course the local law can't help so he has to sue in federal court.  Either that or just go to a more accepting place to eat. 
        I was once in the US Navy and had just completed my tour of service including three years overseas and two tours in a war zone and was at the Charleston Naval base to be discharged.  it snowed and there was no transportation out of Charleston so I was forced to spend an extra day or two on base so I went to the store on base to pick up a few grocery items and an officer refused me service.  I understand the mans frustration.   We didn't have post traumatic stress back then though so we just had to learn other ways to deal with our problems. 
        

No comments: