Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Encouragement

My blog post F.R.O.G. had well over 300 hits and that is an encouragement to me.  My blog is really a personal journal of my thoughts and feelings and I share them in case someone somewhere finds them interesting or thought provoking. I've never encouragement my family and friends to read it.  In fact I prefer that they don't as it gives me more freedom to say what I want to say with less danger of hurting someone I care about.  A good example of this is a former co-worker who is still a friend today.  I would not want him to know one of the reasons I decided to retire was he was so sloppy at work that I was finding it difficult to work with him anymore.  My blog was a good way to vent my frustrations without offending anyone.

My blogs seldom get more than 4 to 12 hits and I really never expected anymore.  I did have one with over to hundred hits but that one had an odd title and was actually an interesting email that as making the rounds that I wanted to share.   What makes my F.R.O.G. post so unusual is it is one that is totally original from my own life and experiences.  I wish I knew why that one has been so popular,  If I knew then maybe I would be able to write more post that had some readership.   I think it may be a fluke but in any case I hope that someone reposts it somewhere and it gets lots of readership.  If one person decides to turn their life over to God because of that blog I would be most happy. 

I teach Sunday School and sometimes I get emotional when I talk about my savior.  Sometimes I wish I didn't because I think people become overly sympathetic towards me and miss the entire meaning of my lesson.  I never want it to be about me. 

No comments: