Friday, November 08, 2013

Billy Graham turns 95

I liked hearing Billy Graham speak.  He had a mesmerizing way of speaking .  I was disappointed when I started reading his question an answer column because he doesn't use the old King James translation. 

I believe the downfall of the church in America began when someone gave into complaints by people that they could not understand the King James translation and came up with a more up to date version.  It wasn't just another translation but indeed another version of the bible.  Words have been changed, verses left out, meanings altered,  and a belief system diluted due to the different versions being printed. 

The problem wasn't with the King James bible but people's unwillingness to study it, to pray about it, and to seek the guidance of the Holy Spirit.  Jesus said when he went away he would sent us a comforter  who would teach us his word. 

I just don't understand why people can't take Jesus at his word and do what God expects from us.  Instead of conforming to what God wants us to be we expect God to conform to what we believe he should be. 

I do want to wish Billy Graham a happy Birthday.  I know he won't wish me one in return but I'm going to enjoy mine no matter who doesn't care. 

No comments: