Sunday, November 24, 2013

I need your expertise, suggestions, and or advise.

I sold my p/u because it was old and because it was getting harder for this aging soul to load the mower into the back of it. I thought about getting a trailer hitch put on my van and getting a trailer but the place I talked too wants $375.00 to install the hitch. I can get a descent price on a 5 x 8 trailer at Lowes, especially since I get a 10% discount but what really killed the deal for me was all the taxes and fees the DMV wants to charge. I only need to tow the land mower 1/4 mile to the church. I think spending a thousand dollars to mow the grass for the church is a little more than I want to spend. Anyone have any suggestions of how I can legally get the mower back and forth without investing a fortune in the process?

2 comments:

dsprl2000 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
dsprl2000 said...

I went to Smiths in Asheboro and had a hitch installed for $245.00 then to Lowes where I purchased a trailer on sale for $599.00 plus I received a 10% discount for being a vet. Lifetime tag with fees, road use taxes came to $127.00 so the whole thing was less than a thousand. I had this done Friday and Saturday god sent me a check for $1260.00(see my post about not being able to out give God)