Tuesday, March 24, 2015

Community policing

    I live in Randleman and we seem to have more police officers than we do criminals and I am certainly not complaining about that.  I see an officer ride through my neighborhood on a regular bases and I suppose that's a good thing.  They are quick to respond if you need one and so far all I have come into contact with have been really nice people.  They seem to be doing a descent job of policing the town but the things that really bother me doesn't seem to concern to police. 
   I've got neighbors with junk cars scattered on their property and one buys and sales autos and auto parts but the worst thing is they are souped up mustangs he deals in.  They are loud, disturbing, and disruptive.  I have another neighbor  who is operating an illegal daycare center.  The people were ran out of Asheboro because of the excessive traffic their operation caused and now it is my problem. 
   The police chief of Richmond, California seems to have the right idea.  He addresses the small problems that concern the citizens and in turn the citizens are more helpful in aiding the police with the bigger problems.  It goes back to that old saying "People don't care what you know until that know how much you  care. 

No comments: