Monday, March 23, 2015

Night One is Over

      I love good preaching and I heard some last week from Rev. Savage from Concord, NC but the preaching at tonight's revival was simplistic delivered by a lot of sorry dancing and a lot of yelling and screaming punctuated by hacking and amens.  In case you don't know what hacking means it is a form of preaching in which a sentence is ended with a loud sound, usually an uh added to the last letter of the last word.  In the case of the last sentence the word would be worduh or wordaa, I guess depending on the preacher and the hearer to some extent. 
    The message was preached on a level intended for seventh and eight graders or people who have never been to church before but held as much interest for a mature Christian as an art exhibit of sixth grade coloring book drawings. 
   One man took his niece to Greensboro to buy a record of a particular song and he had a running fit for 7 or eight minutes over that song and her rendition of it.  She's a good singer but neither her performance nor the song was worth getting excited about.  If you like that old fashion hell and brimstone type of preaching you would have enjoyed tonight.  As for me I like the word of God expounded on so that I will learn or be drawn nearer to God.  I don't go to church to be entertained which, to me, is what this style of preaching is geared to do. 
   

No comments: