Saturday, May 30, 2015

General News

    I visited my Mom Thursday.  I took her to lunch at I-Hop then grocery shopping.  She is blind, deft, lives alone and will be ninety in a few short weeks.  She's a sweet lady.
    My recovery from my cataract surgery is going slower than expected.  While the cloudy part of my vision is gone, when I close my left eye everything seems just a little darker and out of focus.  My regular glasses keeps me off balance somewhat but my reading glasses are sunglasses which are fine for outside but not much good inside.  I'm running out of time and hope for a proper recovery.
   The garden is doing good.  I have tomatoes on the vine as well as yellow squash and zucchini.  The cucumbers and cantaloupe plants have blooms.  Lettuce will be ready next week  and there are wax beans on the plants.  The regular green beans have flowered out.
   The blackberry bushes are loaded and I do have blueberries for the first time ever.  The peach trees are loaded and I've had to cull them several times picking over 300 off one tree.  I'm disappointed in my apple trees  as they continue to be plagued with cedar rust, well, all but one tree.  It is as big as all the other trees combined but only has one small apple on it.  The pear tree is tall but the top want to bend towards the ground.
   My flower gardens are changing from their spring blooming plants of daffodils and Iris to roses. lilies,  pickerel,   and a host of other flowers.
   I hope you will join me in Sunday school tomorrow. 
  

No comments: