Tuesday, May 05, 2015

Inactivity is killing me

    Recovering from cataract surgery is inconvenient what with the dark glasses and the shields and the salve and the drops and the rules about lifting and stooping and bending not to mention the appointments but the hardest thing for me is the inactivity.  I can't get out and work in the yard, I can't work in or on the koi or goldfish ponds, and even though I am allowed to drive   it really isn't safe for me to venture far or often.  I wanted to go pick strawberries today for something to do besides just sit all day but the wife wasn;t up to it.  "It's too hot" she said. 
   My back hurts from just sitting and I don't want to go just before lunch.  My wife has a doctor's appointment tomorrow ar 8:30 and even if she is home by 10, lunch is at eleven (I eat breakfast at 4>30)  so that gives me little time out and about and the rest of the day to sit and do nothing.  She is always so slow getting started and in such a hurry to get finished.  She:s a planner and I'm more of a spur of the moment guy. 
     i know I;m different and sometimes it gets frustrating when people don't understand what motivates me.  I do and give so much tie and energy to others and sometimes I just need some time for myself and those moments can't always be planned for some future date.    Sometimes I need it now. 

No comments: