Thursday, May 07, 2015

Road Rage in Archdale

     Monday morning my wife and I were on our way to Salisbury for my cataract surgery when I had to stop for the traffic signal on US 311 near the Sheetz service station.  The light turned green as just as I started to move forward a car came through the intersection not stopping for his red light.  I ta;;ed my brake and then started to pull forward again when the pickup truck behind the car came into the intersection.  It was close but i managed to stop before we collided.   As a warning i tooted my horn which seemed to have triggered the anger button on the driver of the pickup.  He stuck his left arm out his window and gave me the one finger salute.   I can attest he had very big hands.
    I think what really set him off is when he turned to look to see if he had made me mad I blew him a kiss.  I thought the man was either going to come out of the truck after me or blow a gasket.  He was moving forward while hanging his head out the window and yelling profanities at me.  He moved his truck to the inside lane and slowed ; a move I suppose to encourage me to  my vehicle besides his so he could curse at me some more and this time I'd be able to hear. 
   When he stuck his head out the window to see if I was going to take the bait his hat flew off his head and landed right beside my wife's door.  She could have easily opened the door and picked his hat up and from the look on his face I think he half expected her too.  I do know that his face turned from white to red as he sat there trying to plan the best way to get his hat and not look like a bigger fool.
    I'm not sure what he did.  I made my left turn and proceeded on to Salisbury hoping he had a better day.  Well, actually I didn't hope that.  My wife and i just had a good laugh. 

No comments: